Wednesday, January 25, 2012

WIP Wednesday

New Projects: 


It's finally winter - quilts in the snow!
Star Log Cabin - This is really an OLD project, started when I was in high school!  I brought this back from my parents' house at Christmas, and decided to get to work on it and finally finish it.  I had finished the top quickly and hand-quilted it, but got stalled on the binding.  For some reason I decided it needed a bias binding, even though it doesn't have any curves and has some bleeding issues so it won't be washed.  This week I decided to soldier on, and now the binding is attached and waiting for some quality hand-sewing time.  


Roll of bias binding - finally made up.

Detail of the bleeding, which looks worse in person than it does on film.

Free Motion Quilting - I've done my homework for my FMQ class tomorrow night - cutting and pin-basting 18" sandwiches.  I'm wicked excited about my new FMQ foot and the prospect of improving my skills here.



Ongoing Projects:


Diamond Throw


No Progress/On Hold:
Placemat Pair
Curtains for the dining room
Fall wall hanging of maple leaves
Orange and aqua throw
Sisters Sampler
Wedding Quilt
Old Timey Stars
Dad's Sudoko Puzzle
Hand-quilted dresden plates
Orange and aqua pillow covers - still not dropped off my list

This Week's Stats:
New projects - 2
Completed projects - 0
Currently in progress - 13


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

2 comments:

  1. its beautiful.... love the colors :) I'm also embarking on a Star Log Cabin Quilt in much more muted colors for a friend.... but if it was for me... your colors would be perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a foot like that one. That looks awesome,like it has great vision.

    ReplyDelete