Wednesday, January 18, 2012

WIP Wednesday

Completed Projects: 

Secret Project - Like I said earlier this week, all completed and on its way to a very special family member.  To be shared soon.  

Christmas Gifts - Posted earlier this week.

New Projects: 


None!  I have been sorting through some inherited blocks, but that's an OLD project, and I haven't technically started working on it yet.  However, here's a sneak peek at some antique Sunbonnet Sues: 





Ongoing Projects:
This now has another row of blocks across the top.
Diamond Throw - The nine-patch units are all sewn up as blocks, and they are assembled into diagonal rows.  We did some figuring on how to square up the edges, and I've been working on that.  It needs a little more width, which means picking up an appropriate light reproduction fabric to work with.  
Crosses and Losses - Interestingly, for the last couple weeks, the Quilt Index Blog has been focusing on examples of the Old Maid's Puzzle, which is a different name for the Crosses and Losses block.  I made a bunch more blocks, but ran out of Moda Ruby, and have to order since my local quilt shop is out.  I had planned to make a complete top of the same block, but the Quilt Index examples are making me reconsider using sashing or setting blocks. 

No Progress/On Hold:

Placemat Pair
Curtains for the dining room
Fall wall hanging of maple leaves
Orange and aqua throw
Sisters Sampler
Wedding Quilt
Old Timey Stars
Dad's Sudoko Puzzle
Hand-quilted dresden plates
Orange and aqua pillow covers - still not dropped off my list

This Week's Stats:
New projects - 0!
Completed projects - 2
Currently in progress - 12


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

2 comments:

  1. Those Sunbonnet Sues are so cute. And that diamond throw is looking amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'm totally in love with those Sunbonnet Sues. I have an old quilt from my mother's childhood--it was on her bed as a girl--and it has very cute (and very old) Sunbonnet Sues. (My mom is 84.) What will you do with them? What a challenge!

    Elizabeth E.
    occasionalpiece.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete